1. All incoming articles are peer reviewed, usually within 2-3 months from the date of registration of article in the journal.
2. Reviewers of manuscripts sent for publication in the journal Problems of Theatre /PROSCAENIUM are the experts or the members of the editorial Board (editorial Staff). As a rule, two experts are assigned to each paper. The decision to send the manuscript for review by various experts belongs to the Chief editor or his Deputy.
3. The total time of the article examination may not exceed 6 months. Experts inform the Chief editor of the journal with their findings and assessment under article, thus on each article should come no less than two conclusions. In case of negative review the author gets a motivated refusal within 10 days from the receipt of such reviews. The names of the reviewers are not disclosed.
4. If necessary, the revision of the article (clarifications, corrections, additions, address inaccuracies, etc.), comments and suggestions of the experts shall be communicated to the authors together with a request to make the necessary revision. Thereafter, the authors return revised article for re-review. As a rule it is returned to the reviewers who made comments that required revision. After the experts’ approval and all necessary changes the final version of the article (in three paper copies and on electronic CD-ROM) will be sent to the editorial office.
5. In case of disagreement of the authors with the reviewer's opinion editorial staff can decide whether the article should be sent for the additional reviewing to another expert.
6. In case of a repeated negative review (after the revision of the comments made in the first review) the article is no longer subject to review. In such cases, the author gets a motivated refusal within 10 days after receiving repeated negative reviews.
7. After the experts’ approval and all necessary changes the final version of the article is accepted for publication in the journal in the order generated by the Chief Editor.
8. Reviews are kept in editorial office for five years and can be sent to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation and other state authorities at the request.